Page 3 - Travelor - Summer 2016 - Issue 34
P. 3

DRVC Travelore - Page 3
President’s Paragraphs
by Ken Carpenter, President of DRVC
Fellow Members,
It’s with many fond memories that I write this final President’s message. Lida and I joined the Club in 2008 and since then have been privileged to serve you and the Club as Member- ship VP, Senior VP and now President and National Director. The map,
shown in the image, tells the story of where Lida and I have traveled in my role as an officer with DRVC.
My term as President comes to an end this summer and it has been my good fortune to look back on the many fun and infor-
mative rallies,
FMCA conven- tions, and many new friends and acquaintances. We intend to con- tinue to be active with the Chapter but the time has come for us to step aside.
In this issue we
provide notice
of this summer’s
Business Meet-
ing in West Springfield, MA where a number of important changes are being submitted for your approval:
- Moving the annual membership meeting so that it will take place during the summer rally preceding FMCA rather than during FMCA;
- Revising officer position descriptions as necessary to facilitate the elimination of the office of VP Inven- tory and to consolidate the VP Membership office into the duties to be performed by the Treasurer, and,
- Allowing all members to vote in all elections by mail or email. Formally, only those in attendance at a given meeting could vote. Votes received by email
will be included with those cast during the business meeting.
In this issue you will find a link to the proposed Bylaws and Standing Rules that are to be voted upon this summer. You will also find a link to a question and answer sheet that addresses questions related to how email voting would work should the proposed changes be adopted. The Chapter’s Board of Directors, who have approved these changes, join me in urging your support for the proposed changes.
The report of the Nominating Committee is also included. Candidates are still being sought for some offices. The
Chapter has many members with the skills, knowledge and experience that qualifies them
to serve the membership and I urge you to con- sider running for the office of your interest.
It has been my pleasure to work with the other officers of your
club these past eight years. They make many personal sacrifices on your behalf and have served with distinction. Through their combined efforts much progress has been made in securing the Club’s future. They have my gratitude and deepest appreciation. Finally, I want to thank Lida for her support, patience and many hours of unrecognized effort to serve the needs of the Chapter.
Safe travels,

1   2   3   4   5