Page 3 - Travelore - Spring 2017
P. 3

DRVC Travelore - Page 3
The Officer’s Corner
by Rod Kenly, Senior Vice President
As I sit here, the club has finished its early spring rally, and the FMCA rally has just completed. I can’t believe its Mid- March already. Now I’ve got to start working on my taxes – I’m a little slow since I always owe money.
Our Rally in Camp Verde was great, and there are notes and pictures elsewhere in this Travelore. I want to thank our Rallymasters (Jim & Janet Staehr , and Brett & Dianne Wolfe). A great time was had by all, and we received very positive feedback on the Rally.
The FMCA rally also completed in the “valley of the sun”, and as discussed by FMCA president, Charlie Adcock, changes are in the air to improve FMCA for its members. FMCA delegates will be voting on allowing towables. It should be noted that FMCA had their best-attended rally since 2011 – over 2600 coaches in attendance.
Now is the time to start planning for attending our summer rally in Bremen as well as the FMCA (Interna- tional) event in Indianapolis.
Our summer rally, “Amish Country Connection, will be held July 2 through July 7 at Pla-Mor Campground in Bremen, Indiana. Because it encompasses the 4th of July, it will be extremely important that you get registered early—not only because its Independence Day but because we have been allocated with a limited number of 50-amp sites with the rest being 30-amp. Please see the registra- tion form elsewhere in the Travelore as well as the Club’s website. This DRVC rally will be the first where the busi- ness meeting will be held at the rally instead of during the FMCA convention. To accommodate all members, voting by email will be initiated. Be watching for an email blast concerning this.
The FMCA (International) Rally will be held July 12-15 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana. You are now able to register online at FMCA.COM.
Before I continue – I really want to plead with you to volunteer to become an officer in the club, as well as rally masters at our rally’s. The club needs the support. I would hate that our club, which is one of the largest FMCA clubs, to wither away due to poor participation.
Since I’m still working, I look forward to my summer vaca- tions. After the winter meetings, I get my coach mainte- nance done locally. Since I live in a small town – a long way from anywhere – that can be challenging – I either do it myself or try to find someone local to do it if possible This year, I will be changing my engine oil, my transmission oil, and my anti-freeze (flushing my radiator).
In addition, I have the challenge of maintaining what some call “an older bus.” My coach is now 17 years old, and while at the FMCA rally, we decided to change out our sofa as well as having my recliner recovered. That is a lot cheaper than purchasing a new coach. I dropped off my coach yesterday and will pick it up in nine days. When it returns, I’m going to become even more anxious for the road.
In closing, I ask each of you to consider serving the Club as an officer or help as a rally master. The positions are vital. To that end, see the article elsewhere about open positions and the work of the Nominating Committee.
See you down the road —
Rod

1   2   3   4   5