P. 1

Winter 2017
DRVC Travelore -
Page 1
Issue 40
Spring 2018 Rally
Official publication of the Diesel RV Club
Jacksonville: Home to Sun & More
The spring 2018 rally of Diesel RV Club will be held in Jacksonville, Florida at Flamingo Lake RV Resort Sunday, March 8, through Friday, March 9. Flamingo Lake is con- veniently located at 3640 Newcomb Road just off I-295 south and west of Jacksonville International Airport.
Rally Activities
If you haven’t signed up for the Rally in Jacksonville, hurry and do so before a waiting list is created. The RV Park wasn’t damaged from the hurricane. “The Wagon Masters and I have a few things to tweak as we work to make your rally a great one,” states Janet Staehr, the Club’s Rally Master.
Janet also stated that since there have been several com- ments and requests to go green, attendees should plan to bring their own table service to all meals. If plastic table- ware is used, there will be containers for recycling.
During the rally there will be a baby identification contest. Please dig out a picture of you as a baby (less than two years of age) and bring it for display and matching.
Every major city has a recognizable skyline and Jacksonville is no different with it’s bridges and modern skyscrapers.
Also, bring something for a silent auction. It should be an item you’re tired of looking at, purchased but don’t use, or something you made that someone will enjoy.
Janet says: “I’m looking forward to seeing everyone in Jacksonville. Until then, have a Happy Thanksgiving. I count knowing each of you as a blessing and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year.”
JAX Facts
Jacksonville is a large city in northeastern Florida where the St. John’s River meets the Atlantic Ocean. A regional business center, it has many museums and cultural offer- ings.
Jacksonville is named after Andrew Jackson. Though most famous as the seventh U.S. President, he was also the
first military governor of the Florida Territory. However, back then it was called “Cow Ford” because of all the cattle
continued on page 4
A wine tasting contest is planned. Registrants should provide a dis- guised bottle or box of wine so no
one knows what it is. Let the hosts know into which category it should be placed—wet, dry, or miscellaneous. It’s ok if you won’t drink wine but do plan to join in on the fun and snacks.
How to disguise a wine bottle: Wrap it in something to hide the label so that no one knows the variety or winery.
connect with us on the web at www.dieselrvclub.org and forum.dieselrvclub.org

1   2   3   4   5