Page 3 - Travelore Issue 43 Fall 2018
P. 3

DRVC Travelore - Page 3
The Officer’s Corner
Rod Kenly, President
As I sit here, Labor Day is just happening. The summer season is winding down, and before you know it, Thanks- giving will be here (just thought I would throw that in). It is still 100 degrees on the thermometer locally, and some of the fires here in California are finally under control – now – if the smoke from the fires would go away, it would be much better.
As I stated in the last Travelore, the 100 days of summer starts on Memorial day, and finishes up on Labor Day. Our summer vacation loop took us from California, down to Texas, up to Colorado, into Wyoming, then Montana, and finally back down to California – something like 5,000 miles of motor homing.
Part of the swing into Colorado was for our Diesel RV Club rally in Loveland, Colorado. Our RV resort was outside
of Loveland on the way to Estes Park along side the Big Thompson River. Our RV was backed into a spot right on the river.
We had a great rally which included some good food and good friends. Our local charity was “Hearts and Horses”, which we visited. We ended up donating a nice amount to them. We also had one night out at a dinner show with a show and dinner for DRVC only. Now, that was quite nice as well.
After the rally, it was off to Gillette, Wyoming for the summer International FMCA rally. As usual, a lot of infor- mation in seminars was shared, etc. Of course, there were new motorhomes to walk through.
Now that the summer is winding down, we are marching forward with the planning of the spring and summer ral- lies for 2019.
The International FMCA rally will be held in Perry, GA (March 13-16). The Diesel RV Club rally will precede it at the KOA in Americus, Georgia. Our new VP Rally Coordi- nator, Lou Ann Alvarez, is doing a great job of planning this rally. The dates are March 3-8, 2019. Look for further information here in the Travelore. Please contact Lou Ann if you would like to help on this or future rallies.
It should be noted that the Perry FMCA rally will be the 99th FMCA rally. I believe that FMCA is planning for
quite a large 100th rally next summer – watch for further information.
Last comment and hint – have you changed the anode on your water heater lately?
I consider the anode rod to be a sacrificial “stick” that helps greatly in keeping the water tank from rusting. It is recommended that you inspect/change annually – and then clean out your tank while you are at it. It will also allow the water to heat more efficiently.
See you down the road —
Rod
Your online diesel technician available only at the club’s forum

1   2   3   4   5