Page 8 - Spring 2019 Travelore
P. 8

Page 8 - DRVC Travelore
For National Secretary of FMCA
DRVC’s Ken Carpenter Running for National Office
Ken Carpenter, who has been actively involved with Diesel RV Club since almost the beginning, has put his name forth to become the next National Secretary for FMCA. The election will be at FMCA’s 2019 business meeting this summer in Minot, North Dakota. Ken, who has served
in many positions within DRVC, has always been quite supportive of FMCA and has even served on a few of their select committees. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that he has announced his candidacy to this office.
In a letter to the many chapters of FMCA, Ken points out that “never before has FMCA been faced with the techno- logical, cultural, generational and competitive challenges’ being witnessed today. Since Carpenter has been around technology (and the changes it brings) for most of his career, he feels qualified to serve on the Executive Board. Further, his business experience coupled with his commu- nity involvement makes him suited to function in the role of National Secretary.
In the campaign letter, Ken stated he believed “in using all of my talents and those of each board member.” Carpenter also said: “My expertise in helping businesses learn how to adapt to meet changing demands positions me well to take that additional step to help FMCA face hard decisions on how to best meet our expectations as members. I’ve worked with many organizations to help them identify and meet the needs of their customers and to integrate technology to improve efficiency and organizational effec- tiveness. I am prepared to take on whatever additional
assignment Jon Walker or the Executive Board may ask of me whether as a member or leader of a new initiative.”
Ken currently chairs the Member Engagement Committee. In that role, he has learned a lot about member expecta- tions, especially as they apply to the future of FMCA. Also, he has served on the Governing Board for more than five years. He is quick to state that FMCA has been in his blood for nearly 18 years.

6   7   8   9   10