Page 11 - Fall 2019 Travelore
P. 11

Lorraine and Douglas Savchenko
Why Join the Diesel RV Club?
® Exchange information on RVing and diesel engines with hundreds of diesel enthusiasts at the state-of-the-art Diesel RV Technical Forum and seminars at all rallies.
® Enjoy fun and fellowship through the Club’s full- color newsletters and at rallies held across the country.
® Attend FMCA activities, such as area rallies and FMCA conventions, with others from the Diesel RV Club.
® Take advantage of 5% to 10% discounts on parts and service through our exclusive Valued Partner arrangements as well as a discount on parts at O’Reilly Auto Parts stores nationwide.
® Share tech tips, travel advice, and problem- solving information with fellow Diesel RV Club members.
® Meet interesting people, form lasting friend- ships, learn more about motorhoming, swap coach modification and maintenance informa- tion, and visit interesting places while creating lasting memories.
I want to share why I joined the Diesel RV Club and what I’ve gotten out of my first year of membership. As a bit of background, I previously always had diesel pickupa and fifth wheel trailers. I thought I was well-informed. But, when I stepped into our motorhome, I quickly discovered it presented a whole new level of complexity, power, size, and dimension of maintenance.
I joined FMCA as a resource to help us navigate the “full time RV lifestyle” we were embarking on. No sooner did I join than a complete barrage of ancillary club invitations came along. The one that stood out to me was the Diesel RV Club because that was a resource I could put my head around for helping me understand my new rig.
We participated in our first club rally. During the techni- cal sessions I was taken aback by learning all the things I didn’t even know I needed to know about. More impor- tantly I learned about the resources available to members from the forum and other resources. I now have a better understanding of where I need to focus my time and in what areas I need to concentrate in learning even more. I also have a broader view of the resources available to me.
The long-time club members couldn’t have been more wel- coming of the “newbies” my wife and I are. The rally wasn’t only about learning and sharing what we know about our coaches but about getting to know new friends. I treasure the new friends I made and look forward to future rallies.
By the way, our first rally was at Americus, Georgia in March of this year. The second rally we attended was the one just held at Miles City, Montana. As you can see, my wife and I are “all in.”
Inspire
Granille
DRVC Travelore - Page 11
Testimonial

9   10   11   12   13