Page 3 - Summer 2020 Travelore 50
P. 3

The Officer’s Corner
Rod Kenly, President
Christmas Day has come and gone. It has been a weird holiday season. Families did not get together (for the most part) due to the ongoing pandemic.
The pandemic has meant spending more time separated from face-to-face contact with others while providing time to reflect on the values we hold that are really important. Covid-19 has made Zoom, WiFi, virtual school, Instacart, and telemedicine parts of everyday life. It has had an impact. The impact on how we do things for 2021 remains to be seen.
I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The vaccine is out, and I know people who have already received both shots. But it is important that we continue to wear masks as required, wash hands frequently, and continue to social distance. How much longer we need to do these basic things, no one knows. For sure, the more we all cooperated in doing what is best the sooner we’ll be through this era of challenge.
To be truthful, I think a lot of people are getting stir crazy; just sitting around and wanting to put the year behind them as quickly as possible. I hear talk, however, that
it’s important for us to give some reflection on lessons learned and what changes need be made to make 2021 more enjoyable, happier, and healthier. We’ve all certainly
had time to think about what should be on our bucket lists and how to safely get to those items.
Sharon and I continue to work on completing our new house in Texas. As part of that, we are installing a rain water collection system.
I have given a presentation at several of our rallies about water processing for our RVs. The water is extremely hard in Texas, coming in at 22 grains of hardness. Just like our rigs, we run a sediment filter, followed by a carbon filter. However, we are adding an extra unit, an inline UV light, which kills bacteria. This would be worthwhile to add
to the RV of you have power in the dump bay. But most people don’t so you would have to be able to add some- thing in line. I’m considering how to do this, and I might have something to report on this in the future.
DRVC has a great rally planned for the early spring. I think it will be a success since we all know more about dealing with the coronavirus than we did a year ago. Look for information elsewhere in this issue.
Please stay safe, and see you down the road—
Rod
 Plan now to attend!
February 28, 2021 through March 5, 2021
 Registration is now available online or in this issue.
• Open day for area travel
• Tech and craft sessions
• Owner roundtable • Good company.
Lake Park Campground Lake Park, Georgia
SOUTHERN GEORGIA RALLY
                Join us for the journey!
 Connect with Diesel RV Club via the Internet
http://www.dieselrvclub.org
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DieselRVClub/
DRVC Travelore - Page 3

1   2   3   4   5