Page 3 - Summer 21 Edition of Travelore
P. 3

The Officer’s Corner
Rod Kenly, President
The first day of summer is almost here with Memorial Day in the mirror. Here in Texas, it has been raining.
Sharon and I are still building our home. It is being done in spurts in spite of the fact we didn’t intend it to be this way. We are currently putting in the tile floor. I can’t believe how many times I’ve cut a piece to fit correctly. Who knew there were so many custom pieces in a floor?
More importantly, we are back to a somewhat normal exis- tence. COVID-19 also seems to be coming under control and life appears to be recognizable. We’ve had our “jabs” for a while and grateful for them. The stores and highways are returning to their pre-pandemic levels of busy.
Independence Day is quickly approaching and so is the DRVC’s Western Heritage Rally. The rally will be held June 30 to July 5. July 4th will be a free day attendees can enjoy the special events in Cody.
By the way, we’ve held rallied in Cody before and we know it to be a nice place to visit. There’s always a lot to do. As you may know, it is near the eastern entrance to Yellow- stone National Park and named for the famous “Buffalo Bill” Cody. The Cody museum is wonderful, and you can spend up to two days looking around in there. The building actually houses at least four, discreet museums. Of course, there’s the Cody Night Rodeo which draws nightly crowds during the summer months.
After the rally, it will then be off to Gillette, Wyoming for the 103rd FMCA Convention and RV Expo. It will be held at the CAM-PLEX, which is another nice location. The multi-use facility sprawled across 1,000 acres of land and features a fine arts theater, a convention/exhibit hall, two pavilions, a race track, rodeo grounds, five campgrounds, and a 21-acre park and picnic area.
We’ve already started planning for next winter’s rally in Tacna, Arizona. It will be held March 13-17, 2022. Of course, it will be held prior to the FMCA event scheduled for Tucson. Tacna is in Yuma County which is in the south- western corner of Arizona.
Before closing, I’ll point out that the Club is conducting voting for next year’s slate of officers. As always, we are looking for motivated volunteers to carry out the opera- tion of the Club. If you are interested in serving in one of the offices or just want more information, please feel free to reach out to one of the board members listed on page two of this newsletter.
Please stay safe, and see you down the road—
Rod
Connect with Diesel RV Club via the Internet
http://www.dieselrvclub.org
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DieselRVClub/
Summer Is Short
Get out in the diesel before it’s too late!
Roadside Rescue
AN FMCA MEMBER BENEFIT
DRVC Travelore - Page 3

1   2   3   4   5