Author Topic: replacement rubber intercooler boots  (Read 4084 times)

Offline bille

• Bill Ervin
replacement rubber intercooler boots
« on: May 06, 2012, 06:12:33 PM »
Hi all,  I'm looking for part numbers for the rubber boots that are part of the intercooler system.   I have a 40' 96 Beaver Patriot with a 300 cat (side draft radiator and intercooler) and I blew an upper boot on a recent trip, I'd like to replace all the boots since there all likely 16 years old.  Beaver (Monaco) has not been able to help me.  I called a local Cat dealer but all I got from them is "You need to bring it in and we'll see what we can find".   It's just to simple to change the boots to spend money on labor at a dealer.

I need the following:

Two top boots that join the two intercooler tubes to the intake on top of the engine
Two Y boots that go on either side of the intercooler
One turbo boot that attaches to the turbo and a the first intercooler tube

Bill

Offline Brett Wolfe

• Global Moderator
Re: replacement rubber intercooler boots
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »
Bill,

Unless someone with the same model has the part numbers, you might post photos or post dimensions. While these could be Caterpillar parts, they just as easily could have been from another source.

I know when I replaced all my boots on the air system, one was Caterpillar (the CAC out to two smaller diameter cross-engine pipes= the "Y"), two were silicone hoses from an outfit in CA: http://www.purosil.com/90mkpolyester.html

Sorry, don't have the part number on the Caterpillar part--we are not in the coach right now.

Brett

Offline bille

• Bill Ervin
Re: replacement rubber intercooler boots
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
Thanks Brett

The 90s look like the ones on my coach, I'll check them out.   I've been planning on pulling the Ys and see if there is a part number, I'll take some pics.  If I don't get any response from here I'll take the parts to Cat and see what we can find.

Bill