Author Topic: Looking for CAT C10 Power Curves  (Read 5274 times)

Offline pfhays

Looking for CAT C10 Power Curves
« on: July 26, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »
I've got a CAT C10, 385HP max at 1600 rpm in my Country Coach and I'm looking for the torque and horsepower curves.  The database in VMSpc has the wrong parameters for this engine and my torque readings on the VMSpc are higher than this engine can produce.

I called CAT and got the max torque of 1350 ft-lbs at 1200 rpm and 370HP at 1800 rpm but they would not send me the curves; claimed they don't publish those.  When I questioned them and said I've seen curves on other C10 engines, just not this version they said they don't publish the curves any longer;.  I then asked for a piece of old literature that might have the curves and didn't have any luck on that request either.

So, I know this group has published curves on many of the other CAT engines.  Does anyone have a set of curves for this engine?  Country Coach advertised the engine as a CAT C10, 385 HP.

I've been on the Yahoo Country Coach Owners Group forum but haven't found anyone there that has the curves.

pete
2000 40' Magna CAT C10  #592

Offline Ken Carpenter

• Ken Carpenter, Jr.
  • Administrator
  • May your obstacles turn into stepping stones!
Re: Looking for CAT C10 Power Curves
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 07:30:35 AM »
Pete,

I did a quick search of the forum files and did not locate a copy of the C10 Performance Curve information.  Probably the quickest way to get the information is to send an email to Call_CAT@CAT.com.  In the email tell them you are looking for the performance curve information for your engine and provide your engine serial number. 

Ken
2005 Winnebago Journey 39K, C7 350HP
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Airforce One
Diesel RV Club Officer & Board Member

Offline pfhays

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 05:28:03 AM »
Ken,
I'll try an email but I'm not holding my breath after talking to Call CAT on the phone several days ago.  I'll let you know what happens.
pete

Offline pfhays

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 07:22:23 PM »
Ken, you are the man.  CAT email did respond with power curves for C10 engines.  I didn't quite get my engine.  The curves showed a 380HP max engine while mine is a 385HP but I believe that is close enough for me. There are 3 sets of power curves in the data sheet I got from CAT.  Should I post this data sheet?
pete
2000 Country Coach Magna, CAT C10  #5892

Offline Ken Carpenter

• Ken Carpenter, Jr.
  • Administrator
  • May your obstacles turn into stepping stones!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:56:42 AM »
Phil,

It is a good idea to post the power curve data. There will be others along the way with the same question. 

Thanks for the post.

Ken
2005 Winnebago Journey 39K, C7 350HP
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Airforce One
Diesel RV Club Officer & Board Member

Offline Tom Bernardi

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
All,

You can download the same "general" torque and horsepower data for your CAT engine type at the following URL:

http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=389285&x=7

Then select your engine on the left, and look for the PDF link when the page is displayed.

However to get the actual specifics on your serial numbered CAT engine, then Ken's previous email link is correct, and that data will come to you from a Caterpillar representative.

Tom
Tom
2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4054 / Freightliner 450HP Cummins ISL / Blue Ox Avail / '17 Jeep Wrangler Sahara / Brake Buddy /
Silverleaf VMSpc w/Pressure Pro TPMS