Author Topic: Check valve  (Read 3073 times)

Offline racer478r

Check valve
« on: October 11, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
The check valve is located before the main fuel  filter on my 8.3 cummins.  Will there be a problem moving it after the filter.  I had some junk plug up the check valve and left me stranded.  Moving to after the filter will stop this in future.  thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:46:15 PM by racer478r »

Offline Brett Wolfe

• Global Moderator
Re: Check valve
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »
racer478r,

Welcome to the DRVC Forum.

You chassis maker, not engine maker specs and installs the fuel system.  Some are single fuel filter, some have both a primary and secondary.  Those and any check valve could have been fitted by by them.  OR, they could have just used the "on Cummins" filter.

So, do check with your chassis maker using your VIN.

Offline WILDEBILL308

Re: Check valve
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:45:18 PM »
The check valve is located before the main fuel  filter on my 8.3 cummins.  Will there be a problem moving it after the filter.  I had some junk plug up the check valve and left me stranded.  Moving to after the filter will stop this in future.  thanks in advance
The only problem I can think of might be harder starting if there is no check valve before the filter as the fuel may drain back. You can try it and if you don't like it swap back to the old configuration.
Bill
2003 Bounder 38N,300 HP 5.9 Cummins
Allison 3000MH Trans.Towing 2014 Honda CRV. Home base Fort Worth, Texas
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain-