Author Topic: PASS AIR BAG WONT HOLD AIR  (Read 3814 times)

Offline GS340

PASS AIR BAG WONT HOLD AIR
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:28:12 AM »
Need suggestions.  Passenger side airbag won't hold air. 
I'm stuck near Lake Anna Virginia.

Anyone know of mobile assist service in this area?
Yes I need coach net or similar mobile assistance service provider... :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:22:21 PM by GS340 »

Offline GS340

Re: PASS AIR BAG WONT HOLD AIR
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 11:22:52 AM »
Here is a brief summary of what happened today.  I writing this in hopes it might help someone else in the future.

I have a 2006 Dynaquest on a 2005 M2 Freightliner Chassis with air ride suspension.  Apparently when I leveled the RV using the hydraulic leveling system.  The coach was lifted high enough to cause the passenger side airbag to come out of it's lower seat or come apart.  I recently had the shocks replaced and we are wondering if the new shocks have more travel which allowed the airbag to come apart. When I lowered the coach to leave the air pump seemed to have an issue keeping pressure.  After moving a few feet the passenger side bag collapsed. I contacted Red's Roadside Repair in Mineral VA and the tech was able to use dish soap and jacks to get the air bag to sit center on the lower seat.  I was then able to get the RV to a safe location to replace the airbag.

Lesson learned.  The tech also suggested installing limiting chains or straps to keep this issue from reoccurring.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:31:56 PM by GS340 »

Offline GS340

Re: PASS AIR BAG WONT HOLD AIR
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 06:29:08 PM »
Here are a few photos from the bag replacement.  Wasn't very difficult to do but did take a few trips to freightliner.  The fitting on the new bag was revised and required longer airline and new fittings.  The bag on the driver side is the new style and looks rather new.