Author Topic: heui pump 3126b  (Read 468 times)

Offline español

heui pump 3126b
« on: July 29, 2018, 09:55:23 AM »
good morning
I have 2 cat engines installed in a barc, and an unofficial cat mechanic, I made a repair (I bought the boat with the motors already disassembled) we have new segments and valves, recostruccion of turbos, new injectors and engines start perfectly , in neutral take the 2800 rpm without problems, there is no smoke, but when it is in gear, none of the 2 engines takes more than 1100 rpm, without smoke, but maximum 1100 rpm.
the cat technician has come and tells me that I have to put the 2 new heiu pumps to make a new test, but in spain they cost 4500 euros unit.
At 1100 rpm the injection activation pressure is 15500 kPa and the desired pressure 20800 kPa.
they think they can be a real problem with the bombs
Thank you

engine cat 3126b 450hp serial number 9zf00250

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
Re: heui pump 3126b
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:26:59 AM »
Good morning, remember we worked with you earlier on your  boat engines.  Guess I need to know little more information. ( what color is the Exhaust Smoke ) when it starts smoking as
you increase engines rpms. This is very important.
Ask Dave.   Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline español

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »
good morning
There is no type of smoke, perfect start, vacuum takes perfect 2800 rpm, but with load does not exceed 1100 rpm

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 12:23:07 PM »
espanol, no smoke than let’s check if engine is getting diesel fuel. Connect a clear hose
To end of each return fuel pressure regulator and put other end of clear hose into a fuel container. Start engine and note: is the diesel fuel has bubbles at the higher rpm because
There cannot be any air bubbles. If that checks out and there is fuel without air bubbles
Than that area is ok.  Next check connections on the Injection Actuation Pressure Regulator
Getting power. Not enough power injection Actuation Pressure Regulator stuck or sticky.
My suggestion I would change out the IAPR regulators next because of cost.  First thing I
would suggest check out your fuel lines, for kinks shop bends, fuel line fittings no making
good connection. Fuel tank vent plugged. No smoke is telling me that you are not getting
enough fuel  Dave

Offline español

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »

THE TRANSPARENT TUBES TEST IS DONE AND THERE ARE NO BUBBLES.
WHEN IT TALKS ABOUT THE PRESSURE REGULATOR IT IS THE ONE THAT GOES IN THE HEUI PUMP, ??

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 03:35:52 PM »
Espanol, looking up build specs for marine engines , the first place to start being you know for sure injectors are receiving enough diesel fuel after 1100 rpm. Than if this is the case would
suggest  Injection Actuation Pressure Regulator or control system.  Part number 122-5053
need 2. Next thought your throttle position pedal or lever, part number 121-7028  adjustments
91-8 fault throttle position sensor and 91-13  check adjustment throttle position sensor. Going
Back to the Injection Actuation pressure regulator code 42-11 short circuit or open circuit
of pressure control valve, along with that code 42-5,42-6  ralated to same regulator. Last
Thing you may try. IAP sensor  ( injection control valve or sensor ) works and controls the
Operation of the injection Actuation pressure regulator.
Ask Dave  Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 05:33:23 PM »
espanol, yes the injection Actuation pressure regulator is in the rear of the Heui pump.
Cannot understand Mechanic not going this direction first because the Heui pump is
Pretty troublefree and highly unlikely need replacement.
Ask Dave Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline español

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 12:18:27 AM »

good morning
your indication is that you replace the 2 pressure regulators? which signal would have to reach the connections
thanks

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 06:42:37 AM »
espanol,  guess it your choice mechanic says replacement of both Heui pumps to
Go further with troubleshooting. Reason mechanic thinks Heui pump is not providing
enough pressure to correctly operate the injectors. What has to happen first before
you spend big money on buying 2 Heui pumps, is to check the Injection Actuation pressure
Regulators and the Injection pressure sensors. Regulators  and sensors is what controls
high pressure oil to operate the injectors and the sensors tell the regulator how high pressure
oil that is needed for regulators provide. Ask Dave. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic