Author Topic: FCCC or CAT coolant system parts  (Read 304 times)

Offline roxysdad

• (559)709-2703
FCCC or CAT coolant system parts
« on: July 10, 2017, 04:48:11 PM »
I am new to this forum, but have been a "lookie loo" and have discovered a lot of information.

On a CAT 3126E engine (2003 Newmar Kountry Star Diesel 3904) is/are the thermostats CAT or FCCC supplied?
Are the radiator hoses FCCC or CAT?

Can part numbers be supplied?  i.e.,   CAT engine serial # HEP21289
                                                             VIN #:     4UZAAHAK93CM09595

This is a great site.

Offline Brett Wolfe

• Global Moderator
Re: FCCC or CAT coolant system parts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:05:21 AM »
roxydad,

Welcome to the Diesel RV Club.

With your engine serial number, any Caterpillar dealer can get you the correct thermostat(s) which they call "regulators" and gasket. Pretty easy to change if you have access to the top front (back of coach) of the engine.

Brett

Offline CountryB

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 07:35:41 AM »
I
Are the radiator hoses FCCC or CAT?

Can part numbers be supplied?  i.e.,   CAT engine serial # HEP21289
                                                             VIN #:     4UZAAHAK93CM09595

That's a good question - Cat makes the engine and would be the source for all "engine parts" (i.e. accessory drive belts, regulator/thermostat, etc.), but the location of the Radiator in the coach would be determined by Chassis/Coach builder - I would think. I doubt Cat would supply radiator hoses since the configuration/location of the radiator can vary so much between coaches. Unless there is some input from engine manufacture on where the inlet and outlets of the radiator must be located in relation to engine.

If the coach builder used rigid-bent pipe in their design, then all you would need to replace would be "short-straight sections" of rubber radiator hose, from time-to-time which would be easy to get. But if coach builder used any pre-bent flexible rubber hoses (like on a car) then I think you would need to get those from the coach builder - which could be a problem if MH builder is out of business.

I don't know the answer.
I hope someone can post back the answer.

Offline Brett Wolfe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:31:37 AM »
The answer is "some of each".  Clearly hoses shipped with the engine (those connecting water pump to head for example) are Caterpillar.

Most are chassis maker speced and installed.  Take a picture of any hose you are interested in obtaining and either one it by a Caterpillar dealer or shoot it to your chassis maker (or for orphans, to someone knowledgeable in servicing them).