Author Topic: ScanGaugeD X Guages on C7 -Allison 3060 Transmission  (Read 2593 times)

Offline LPD218

ScanGaugeD X Guages on C7 -Allison 3060 Transmission
« on: September 30, 2017, 05:51:28 PM »
I have the ScanGauge D up and running on my 2004 Freightliner with Caterpillar C7 and have lots of gauges that were not displayed prior to the install.  Great tool.

What can X Gauges do for me?  I don’t know what I don’t know.  What information is being sent into the ethers that others of you found useful and captured for programming?

Thanks a bunch!

Offline LPD218

Re: ScanGaugeD X Guages on C7 -Allison 3060 Transmission
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 02:40:37 PM »
I got a reply from the makers of ScanGauge after I sent in my capture files.  Looks like I have all the real gauges.  Those that were captured involved wheel speeds, and other speed sensors through the chassis.

There was one for % of retarder I may try.

Offline Brett Wolfe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 04:43:57 PM »
So, is % of retarder only applicable to coaches with transmission retarders (i.e. Foretravels and Bus conversions) or something else?

Offline LPD218

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »
Brett,

Not sure, it was data that was returned on the capture mode and identified by the makers of the ScanGaugeD as a gauge I could program.  I only have PacBrake on my Little C7. :-).  I haven’t programmed the X Gauge and probably won’t with anything new they sent.  All in all, great addition for the price!

Offline luckydog1949

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 04:50:49 PM »
I have the ScanGauge D up and running on my 2004 Freightliner with Caterpillar C7 and have lots of gauges that were not displayed prior to the install.  Great tool.

What can X Gauges do for me?  I don’t know what I don’t know.  What information is being sent into the ethers that others of you found useful and captured for programming?

Thanks a bunch!

Were you able to get a list of the codes, so you can find out what the ScanGaugeD is trying to tell you?  I haven't been able to find them for my 2005 Freightliner chassis with C7 and Allison transmission.

Offline LPD218

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 06:53:25 PM »
I filled out the captured codes per the instructions and then entered the data on the website.  A week later they sent an email explaining what “Gauges” were being captured.

Almost all were speed sensors at different wheels. I used two others, actual gear and one other one.

So to answer my own question, out of the programmable codes, I got two I installed, but most included factory gauges are going to be used.