Author Topic: 2007 Revolution with C9 engine dies unexpectedly.  (Read 2304 times)

Offline jlobell

2007 Revolution with C9 engine dies unexpectedly.
« on: January 03, 2018, 07:57:14 AM »
New on this forum but been RVing for about 11 years.  I liked the looks of this site and thought I'd see what you folks thought about my issue.  I'm driving a 2007 Revolution with the C9 engine.

On my last trip out after an overnight stop in route, I had a normal start in about 35 degree weather.  Oil pressure came up good.  After 5-10 minutes checking outside before pulling out, the engine died like the key was shut off.  Check engine light was on.  All looked good so I tried a restart.  It was normal and the check engine light went off.  The same thing happened again and after restarting again, I decided to attempt the 2 hrs. to my destination for the week.  We finished that leg of the trip with no issues. 

One week later on my return trip, I started up in 17 degree weather after a good 6 hrs. of engine heat and I waited for the engine to die again.  It didn't!  About 3 hrs. in to my return home, in slow traffic the engine died when I let off the throttle in traffic but restarted from a rolling start when throttle was added back.  This happened one more time within minutes with the same restart.  Each time the check engine light came on but promptly went out with restart. 

I am scheduled to have it put on a Cat. computer later this week but wondering if there are any suggestions.  Unit has 93,000 miles and was last serviced about 7,000 miles ago.   

Offline Brett Wolfe

• Global Moderator
Re: 2007 Revolution with C9 engine dies unexpectedly.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:12:44 AM »
jlonbell,

Welcome to the Diesel RV Club Forum.

You are on the right track-- better to get your C9 computer to tell you what is wrong rather than for us to guess.

Offline jlobell

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:49:24 PM »
Thanks for the prompt response and the welcome Brett.  I will report the findings when the scan is complete.

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 08:23:18 PM »
Jlobell, Cat C-9 shut down off and on. It sounds like you have a atmosphere pressure sensor
failure. Part Number # 161-1703 and May generate a event code of 108-3, or 108-4.
Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline jlobell

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 07:17:32 AM »
Thanks Dave!  I'll report back with the results of the scan but question the atmosphere pressure sensor you suggested. 

Jerry

Offline ziggyh

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »
Jerry, you should get codes from your display in the center of the dash but they will only be displayed when the code is active or check engine light on and in N.  Once the light goes out the light bar will not display any logged codes even though they are stored.
ZiggyH

2007 Revolution LE
C9