Author Topic: 2006 Phaeton Freighliner C7 Air Filter Questions  (Read 101 times)

Offline seeing the sights

2006 Phaeton Freighliner C7 Air Filter Questions
« on: May 12, 2018, 10:56:06 AM »
Hello, I am in the process of changing my air filter, 2006 Phaeton Cat c7 engine.

Had this motorhome since new and have changed the air filter 2 times before this also 45,000 miles on it now.

Guess as I get older I think more about if I am doing it the "right way"

I also along with a new filter bought a new intake cone plastic part.

A couple of questions

1 The first pic shows the old and new intake "cone" part comes with a slot and semi circle on the larger part of the cone do I line these up with the rivet,on filter, shown on pic #2s  and if so the slot or semi circle? 

2 I have read to install seam down... Label up all different things... also when I look at the filter clean side I see one hole Pic #3 (drain hole?) should this be in the down position??

3 I do understand that I will have to drill 3 holes in the filter and cap so I can attach using selftapping screws.

Thanks, Joe

Offline seeing the sights

Re: 2006 Phaeton Freighliner C7 Air Filter Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:13:21 PM »
update- After looking at the filter some more I see 4 holes equally spaced on the clean side of filter pic#3 so I think it doesn't matter what side is down ?? am I right? thanks, Joe

Offline Brett Wolfe

• Global Moderator
Re: 2006 Phaeton Freighliner C7 Air Filter Questions
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 06:02:12 AM »
Joe,

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your questions.

My first thought would be to contact the manufacturer of the air filter.

Second would be to contact your chassis manufacturer as they speced the air filter and are familiar with servicing them.

Congratulations on your level of detail to get it right.  A dusted engine is an expensive lesson!