Author Topic: reliable rv service  (Read 244 times)

Offline Charlie/Susie

• Viet Nam vet 1968-1972
reliable rv service
« on: October 10, 2018, 05:36:24 PM »
Does anyone know of a reputable rv service center in the Fort Myers Florida area? Had really bad experience in Naples. Thanks, Charlie

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
Re: reliable rv service
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:17:08 AM »
Charlie, you did not indicate what kind of service your looking for. Think right now many service
shops may fell victim to the big storm. Ask Dave, Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline Charlie/Susie

• Viet Nam vet 1968-1972
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 05:58:31 PM »
Dave, My wife and I have a 2005 Fleetwood Bounder with a 5.9l Cummins and Freightliner chassis. Having a/c problems, is this a repair problem for Freightliner, Cummins, or Fleetwood? This is the first time we've had any trouble and would like advice on whether to take it to an rv repair center or a diesel repair service place? Would like a trustworthy and competent shop in the south Florida area. Oh forgot, its the cab a/c not roof a/c. Any suggestions from ya'll will be appreciated. Thanks

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 06:35:04 PM »
Charlie, my suggestion I would go with freighliner. I have mixed thoughts for the other
company you suggested. You indicated AC problem anything, I can help you with because
problem feel will be minor in nature. One thing when you decide to take to service shop,
do not let them make any changes with there work order you sign before work is started.
If the AC compressor is ok and blowing warm air, make sure they vacuum your AC system
down to 28 inches of vacuum and shut vacuum pump off and turn the AC gauges off for
20 to 30 minutes. If vacuum on system holds than you can put the 134a coolant, system
takes 1 1/2 to 3 pounds of coolant. Ask Dave, Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline Charlie/Susie

• Viet Nam vet 1968-1972
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 04:25:47 PM »
Thanks Dave, that really clears this up for me. there is a Freightliner service center in Tampa not that far. Also the idea of drawing down the a/c and putting a vacuum in the system to see if it holds rather then using 134a pressure tells a lot without wasting Freon. Great advice and much appreciated. Charlie.