Author Topic: How to buy a used Cat Diesel Pusher  (Read 292 times)

Offline dmevis

How to buy a used Cat Diesel Pusher
« on: May 19, 2019, 11:43:00 AM »
Hello.  I am an experienced RV'r, but know nothing about diesel pushers.  I am considering a 2006-2007 Cat powered Winnebago.  Can you suggest what I should look for, and or do, to try to ensure there are no problems with a used diesel pusher?

Given that it would be 12+ years old, what would you recommend should be done to it?
Should I take it to a Freightliner dealer to have it checked out?  About what would that cost?
Should I take it to a Cat dealer to have it checked out?  About what would that cost?

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
Re: How to buy a used Cat Diesel Pusher
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 06:06:08 PM »
Dmevis, guess it your call what to look for engine should be a C-7 330 hp. The units have
been selling for around $ 55,000 to $ 65.000. The only problem the builder had removed the
secondary fuel filter for around 4 years ( reason rather not bash the builder ) think your
motorhome your buying should have both primary and secondary fuel filters . By having
the secondary fuel filter removed your fuel system is not protected with engine ECM whick
Is a big concern. Caterpillar requires a two micron fuel filter at the secondary fuel filter.
Ask Dave, Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechani