Author Topic: Question about Regen on 2008 Country Coach with C9  (Read 503 times)

Offline Ken Carpenter

• Ken Carpenter, Jr.
  • Administrator
  • May your obstacles turn into stepping stones!
Question about Regen on 2008 Country Coach with C9
« on: January 24, 2019, 06:13:04 PM »
Hi Dave,
I'm a new member and looking at buying a 2008 Country Coach with a 425 hp Caterpillar C9 with 40K miles.  My question is, when I went and inspected the RV, I noticed a label over what I was told is a regeneration push switch, that said "Do not push"  I ask why it had that on there and I was told that the previous owner, that passed away, was told by the Caterpillar service tech not to use it.  Why would a service tech say not to use the regen switch and is this something I should be concerned with?  I don't want to buy the coach if this DPF regeneration system is going to be a headache.  Your thoughts? Thanks.

Tim
2005 Winnebago Journey 39K, C7 350HP
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Airforce One
Diesel RV Club Officer & Board Member

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
Re: Question about Regen on 2008 Country Coach with C9
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 08:49:36 PM »
Hi Tim,welcome to the Diesel Club Forum. My suggestion to answer your question on
Caterpillar C-9S 425 hp. with regeneration system. Stay away from that engine, it is
a very problematic and very high maintenance. If perhaps you can cut a super deal I would
suggest putting a used takeout C-9 engine that has no regeneration system. There is
not a good answer I can give you other than think everything over real well as it is your
area on the final choice. Ask Dave, Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline tjsolberg

Re: Question about Regen on 2008 Country Coach with C9
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 12:59:14 PM »
Thanks for the information. I have decided not to go forward with the purchase. Much appreciated.
R/
Tim