Author Topic: Turbo Questions on a C7 with fault code 102-07  (Read 323 times)

Offline LPD218

Turbo Questions on a C7 with fault code 102-07
« on: April 13, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »
Hello folks,

On our way back from three months parked in Arizona I had a Check Engine Light and Stop Engine Light occur only when I was rapidly accelerating.  As soon as I released foot pressure the lights went out.  This occurred several times until no more lights after the second day home and all was well from then on.  I did change my single fuel filter but the lights persisted on rapid acceleration the rest of the first day.

My scan gauge showed 102-07 code which I used the internet to find it listed as Boost Pressure Sensor Not Responding.  That was the only code.

On the second day of our leg I set my scan gauge to read boost pressure and received a boost pressure reading of 29 once after first leaving the campground.  The boost remained at or under 25 the remaining of our trip after that and no lights occurred.

Can a turbo waste gate stick and unstick?  Is there a lube location on the turbo for the waste gate? 

Is the pressure sensor needing replacement?

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
Re: Turbo Questions on a C7 with fault code 102-07
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 03:36:44 PM »
LPD218, the 102-7code you have is an event code. This code,possible, boost pressure sensor
Caterpillar part number 161-1704, boost pressure regulator caterpillar part number 234-9944,
Little hose that goes to turbo wastegate pod. The possible waste gate sticking is remote but
Can check. Ask Dave, Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline LPD218

Re: Turbo Questions on a C7 with fault code 102-07
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 05:17:03 PM »
Dave,

Thank you! 

Dave T.