Author Topic: HWH front jack seals leak  (Read 496 times)

Offline JerryK

HWH front jack seals leak
« on: May 20, 2019, 06:31:50 PM »
Hello I've developed seal leaks in my front jacks, I like to do my on work when possible, but have to admit I know little about the hydraulics system for the slides and jacks. Looking at my manual I think I've isolated the correct pressure valves. I also have worked some hydraulic systems on other equipment and am aware of how to do spacing to remove the springs. My big roadblock is do I have to plug the lines after I remove them and if so do I also have to bleed out the air after reinstall? any help would be greatly appreciated. My coach is an 05 Winnebago Journey 39k with a 350 C7.
2005 Winnebago Journey 39K, C7 350HP
18 Dodge Laramie Eco-Diesel TOAD

Offline JerryK

Re: HWH front jack seals leak
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »
HWH Computer-Controlled 625 series Leveling System. On the cover.

Offline Ken Carpenter

• Ken Carpenter, Jr.
  • Administrator
  • May your obstacles turn into stepping stones!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 06:53:33 PM »
Here are the instructions on the HWH  site https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml44100bl_chks.html
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Airforce One
Diesel RV Club Officer & Board Member

Offline JerryK

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 07:01:06 PM »
Thanks Ken, I should be able to find it there.

Offline JerryK

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 08:15:30 AM »
Update: I managed to get my front jack cylinders out. What a booger, initially they were easy to break the bolts loose on, what became difficult was getting the hydraulic connections loose on top of the cylinder. Once that was completed it was a cinch. I took them to a local hydraulic shop and haven't as yet heard back but they assured me it wouldn't be a problem as they have done these often. I called HWH and was told they would not sell me a repair kit to make my own repair. They even went so far as to tell me one didn't exist. The man at the shop said; "let me guess" they told you to send them in for repair or buy new ones. Bingo thats exactly what they said. I have had similar problems with these people before, as my solenoid motor for my slide and jacks on the hydraulic pump had gone out on my coach and they said it would take 7 weeks to get another one. I removed the unit found the company that built it and called them. The man I spoke to in Minneapolis told me they had just sent 15 of those exact units to HWH. I asked if I could but one from him and he told me their agreement with HWH wouldn't allow him to sell to an indidual. He then gave me a list of Vendors that handle their product and I called one in Virginia and two days later had the item in my hand for about 25 dollars more than HWH would've sent it to me had I waited 7 weeks. What a learning experience. Rant over.