Author Topic: Does a new Boost Pressure Sensor Replacement need any programming?  (Read 511 times)

Offline LPD218

Hello,

I have a reoccurring 102-07 (boost pressure sensor) code with shutdown and check engine light when applying acceleration on my C7 KAL xxxxx.  The lights clear after I let off the peddle.  I ordered a new sensor and my question is,  Do I have to have the ECM reprogrammed once installed?

Thanks in advance!

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
Re: Does a new Boost Pressure Sensor Replacement need any programming?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 04:52:06 PM »
lPD218, you have a what is called an event Code 107-7 boost pressure sensor. First of
all understand how this event code 102-7 means. This is a mechanical code that does not
say replacement is nessary but it is intermittent and could be boost pressure regulator  location
on left corner of engine just below engine head. This regulator could be sticky and not working
correctly or a dirty electrical connection to solenoid coil. Off this boost pressure regulator
follow steel tube which will take you to right side of engine to a tee connection just under
engine turbo charger at this tee connection there will be a hose about 12 inches long hanging
Straight downward and other end on tee will go to the Turbo charger wastegate.. what a person is looking for with engine at idle air coming out of hose on tee fitting facing downward. No
air coming from that hose bent or kick still tube coming from turbo boost solenoid. No air
going to turbo charger wastegate ( diagram bad on wastegate or shaft on wastegate sticking
on exhaust housing which can be checked out by applying reduced  air pressure to hose
that operates the turbo wastegate. Ask Dave ,Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 05:01:32 PM »
LPD218, do not want to confuse a person but there is no changes made to the engine ECM
computer with this event code of 102-7. As stated this break out of this code is a mechanical problem location from the boost pressure regulator to the wastegate on the turbo charger
Itself. Ask Dave, Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Offline LPD218

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 06:58:45 PM »
Dave,

Thank you.