Author Topic: no propane going to stove  (Read 509 times)

Offline Charlie/Susie

• Viet Nam vet 1968-1972
no propane going to stove
« on: April 25, 2019, 10:33:14 AM »
Had a heater problem and had that fixed, oil in the regulator. Now there is no propane going to the stove. Had not tried the heater because its to hot in Fl. now. Tank shows full, valve is open, no sound or smell when stove is turned on. Is this a regulator problem, something else going on? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Charlie and Susie
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 5.9 cummins
2014 Corolla toad

Offline ziggyh

Re: no propane going to stove
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 01:52:18 PM »
Charlie  It is possible that there is oil in the propane lines blocking the flow.  I believe the oil comes from the propane and is used to scent the propane with that smell. If there is a droop in the supply line at the tank just after the rgulator it may be blocked by oil acculamation, Disconect it and let it drain out. If you can disconnect the line for the stove to check for oil at a low point and if any let it drain out.  Make sure you use the proper sealants where required  for propane and leak check everything thing you disconnect with soapy water.
Its a good idea to do a manometer leakdown test after any repairs and annually.

ZiggyH

2007 Revolution LE
C9

Offline Charlie/Susie

• Viet Nam vet 1968-1972
Re: no propane going to stove
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »
Ziggyh, Part of fixing the heater was to replace the regulator. I didn't know if it was the regulator by the heater or one by the propane tank so I checked the repair invoice. They didn't say so I crawled under the coach and saw the new regulator. I tapped on the top of the tank then on the bottom and it sounded the same, empty. The small gauge by the tank didn't register anything but now I wonder if the LP indicator in the coach is bad or the tank is full and only sounds empty. I'm probably making this more complicated then it needs to be so I'm going to the propane store and getting the tank filled (80%). its a 30lb. tank so maybe I'll just get 15lb. Thanks for your quick response Ziggyh.
Charlie and Susie
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 5.9 cummins
2014 Corolla toad