Author Topic: Caterpillar C13 Acert Engine Damper and Balancer - Reducing Vibration  (Read 545 times)

Offline jdkskyking

2005 Newell Coach with a Cat 13 Acert.

My Cat Engine seems to be a bit louder and vibrates more than a DD60 or Cummins. It looks like the belt system hops around slightly more than it should so I need to take a closer look at that system.
It only has 60,000 miles on it but my research shows that a quality USA made damper is critical to smooth engine performance.

I’d like to install a Pittsburgh Power Damper and Balancer. The combination of these two units will reduce vibration.

Motor Home installation are unique which may present challenges for install. On my rig the pulley systems may present the problems.

I’d like to know if anyone has installed these components on their engine and what your thoughts are. How’d the install go?

Product info:
The Damper is manufactured by Vibratech, a Made in USA product.
Vibratech performance dampers are designed to make your engine run smoother and last longer. They are fluid filled and are made using the latest technology in viscus style engine dampers.

Pittsburgh Power Engine Balancers are manufactured by Balancer Masters, another Made in USA product.
The Pittsburgh Power Mercury Filled Balancer reduces rotational vibration in  crankshafts, rods, pistons, flywheels, and clutches. The mercury filled tube corrects imbalance in the rotating mass, creating a smoother running engine and increasing engine performance, durability, and reduces vibrations and noise.

Thanks, JK