Author Topic: As usual...my C-9 engine is showing "Check Engine Lights" on again  (Read 179 times)

Offline dogfan99@gmail.com

Hello Dave:

We have communicated many times about my 2009 Beaver with the infamous C-9 engine.  After my trip to Indiana and changing the fuel pressure sensor, everything was humming along.  In March, we were heading home from Florida.  Just West of West Memphis, AR...the check engine lights came on en enroute to Searcy, AR where we were headed to get some collision repairs.  About 45 miles outside Searcy the lights remained on and I think the engine derated.  Could not get 50 mph out of it and that would only hold for a few minutes, then our speed dropped to 25 mph.  The rest of the way could not maintain a constant speed.  Any thoughts!

FYI...the repairs were extensive and due to Covid-19 many of the suppliers of parts have been closed or on a reduced work schedule.  They now have all the parts and completion is at least insight.  Once the bodywork is complete the plan is to take it to a local Diesel repair facility to see if he can fix the problem, before I attempt to take the coach home to Missouri.

Dennis C. Hunt
2009 Beaver Monterey Sunset
2001 Lexus RX 300
Demco Tow Dolly

Offline David.e.atherton

• Global Moderator
Re: As usual...my C-9 engine is showing "Check Engine Lights" on again
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 12:39:31 AM »
Dennis, can you give me your engine serial number so we can relate he past problems. Dave

Offline Ken Carpenter

• Ken Carpenter, Jr.
  • Administrator
  • “To travel is to live.”–Hans Christian Andersen
Re: As usual...my C-9 engine is showing "Check Engine Lights" on again
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 04:48:09 AM »
C9S01166
2005 Winnebago Journey 39K, C7 350HP
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Airforce One
Diesel RV Club Officer & Board Member