Page 7 - Travelore Spring 2016 Issue 33
P. 7

DRVC Travelore - Page 7
imagery; it looks great on my big-screen TV when I review what is captured.
Like the stand-alone dash cam, it allows me to select how much memory on my phone to use before it records over itself. It also allows me to designate how long each seg- ment should be. I chose five minutes, so it starts a new file using that parameter. That makes it a lot easier to find something in the file, especially if you know about what time the recorded incident happened.
A USB power adapter for the cigarette lighter. Pictured is the Amazon Basics
4.0 Amp Dual
USB Car Charger priced at about $9.
A bean-bag mount with fric- tion base that stays put on the dash. It is avail- able from Char- ger City as the Claw-X for about $20 through Amazon.
While not everyone will be interested in this form of mul- titasking, it provides more options for those of us on the road. Be aware these may use up cellular data. However, the benefit may be a safer, happier trip and one with docu- mentation that may be helpful at a critical moment.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Rod Kenly is the Senior Vice Presi- dent of Diesel RV Club and lives in Ridgecrest, California. Rod works at the China Lake Naval Air Weapons Station.
Smart Dash Cam app automatically captures every driving moment using the auto-loop technology and collision detec- tion. It shows time and speed in recorded videos making it like having a dependable “silent witness” riding on the dash.
Another feature is that if you are in a wreck it locks the video on impact, thus saving it and not recording over it. It has the ability to automatically start recording when forward motion is detected or I can manually start and stop the recording.
Finally, it will place the videos in the “cloud” when it has online or cellular data access using either Google Drive, Drop Box or Box Drive. This feature means you can always go back and find an earlier upload.
A real “plus” is that IP Cam Soft app runs on Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Nook and Windows OS. Be aware that IP Cam Soft also makes other applications so be sure to look for “Smart Dash Cam” at ...
http://ipcamsoft.com
For using my phones and these apps well, I had to procure some additional things to carry in my vehicle. They are provided below.
Custom Coach Connection
Your Solution Driven Smile Maker
HDTV in Your RV – Cellular Boosters Satellite TV Installations – LED Lights Over-the-Air Antennas and Amplifiers
Contact Geoff or Johanna Matthews at (619) 571-3393 www.customcoachconnection.com

5   6   7   8   9