Page 3 - DRVC Travelore Winter 2019
P. 3

DRVC Travelore - Page 3
      The Officer’s Corner
Rod Kenly, President
Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas is right around the corner. As I write this I have none of my Christ- mas shopping done. I have to get with it...
Right after Christmas, we will be heading for Indio, CA for the Western Area FMCA event which has been held in Indio (Riverside County Fairgrounds) for the last 30+ years. This event runs from Jan 8-12. If you haven’t been to this event, I recommend it. The weather is typically great, and I usually leave with a sunburn.
Then at the start of March, we will be heading for the Diesel RV Club rally in Camp Verde, Arizona. The “Valley Rally” will be held March 15-20 at Distant Drums in Camp Verde. At the end of our rally, we will be heading south for a hour-hour drive to the FMCA event at Tucson, Arizona.
“Sunsets and Saguaros” is the 101st FMCA event and will be March 26-29 at the Pima County Fairgrounds (south of Tucson on I-10). We hope this will be a big event, with well over 2,000 coaches planned. I understand that the full hook ups are already sold out, but lots of 30A and 50A electric spots are available. As always, there will be some some great entertainment in the evening sessions.
We are looking forward to all of these events. Our club, DRVC, along with the Beaver & Friends Volunteer Secu- rity Chapter are being asked to help provide security for the event at Tucson. If you sign up, you get to arrive early at the event – Mar 12th or 13th – a few days prior to the start of the Sunsets and Saguaros Convention. FMCA really depends on volunteers, so consider signing up. These positions are sitting positions andhelp at the semi- nars, new coach areas, main doors, etc. Go go to https:// dieselrvclub.org/event-3596727 to sign up or get more information to become a volunteer in security.
Rod
The DRVC pre rally is looking to be a great event also. Our rally folks are doing a great job in planning this. Really looking forward to this event, and I hope we sell out!
The DRVC will have a block party spot at the Tucson FMCA rally where we will have our ”normal” Pizza Party, wine, beer, soda extravaganza. There will be an email for that, and of course, we will send out an email at the rally telling you where our block party spot is located.
To those new members (and all our members), we hope you take advantage of the DRVC offerings, including the technical forum and seminars, and our rallies. I really encourage you to attend the rallies to experience the great camaraderie.
I would also like to mention that we continually get emails sent to members that “indicate” that they are from officers (normally me) looking for you to help me out by sending money. They look real! Don’t fall for these. I can assure you that neither I nor any officer will be sending emails for you to help us, as individuals, or the club financially.
Late breaking news – FMCA has selected a different location for the 2020 summer rally from the previously announced location in Syracuse, New York. The Summer Convention will be held in Lincoln, Nebraska. This news means that our summer rally will be held at a different location than previously planned. Janet Staehr, who has done a great job in planning rallies in the past, is stepping up to guide us in planning for the summer event. We are also looking for wagon masters to help in the running our rally. We’ll be holding the Diesel RV Rally on August 16-21 at Victorian Acres RV Park in Nebraska City. It is about 60 miles from Lincoln off I-29. There will be a mix of 30 and 50-amp service with full hook ups. Janet has suggested that we have an exclusive dinner cruise on the Missouri River. More info to follow!
Last comment and hint – If you are not going to be travel during the time that temps are below freezing, make sure you have done whatever you need to keep your rig from having frozen water lines.
See you down the road—

1   2   3   4   5