Author Topic: Air gauges  (Read 229 times)

Offline Captpar

Air gauges
« on: July 19, 2020, 07:33:07 AM »
Always something,today took RV to top off fuel on the way back the air gauges went crazy and alarm sounded,gauges wavered back and forth from 100 to 25 lbs  then went back to normal .  A couple of minutes later did it again. I parked in my covered spot and seen the left gauge registered 25 more lbs than right . Shut engine down and left gauge did not  go to zero like right gauge. Started up engine and left gauge registered 25  or so more lbs the right. Pumped brakes down and  refilled tanks about three times  gauges stayed  out of whack . Shut engine off and now left gauge stayed at 50 lbs  right one at zero. Did the gauges cause the malfunction with the  alarms or did the alarms cause the gauge to go wacko. As an aside note the air tanks would go down about 50 percent if Rv set for more than a few weeks. I know I have a air leak but can’t find it. Advise please .

2007 Sport Coach, C-7, Freightliner XL

Offline Brett Wolfe

• Global Moderator
Re: Air gauges
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 06:21:40 AM »
Contact Freightliner, Gaffney.  Quite likely this is a PSI "reporting" issue vs an actual PSI change of that speed and magnitude.

I vaguely recall a box that changes PSI into an electrical signal-- that is why I suggest contacting Freightliner (or perhaps someone else with Freightlner chassis experience with this issue will weigh in).

Brett

Offline Captpar

Re: Air gauges
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 10:20:59 AM »
Bad air gauge ,replaced it all is good.
2007 Sport Coach, C-7, Freightliner XL