Author Topic: air intake pipe  (Read 134 times)

Offline knaussob

air intake pipe
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:47:13 PM »
i recently acquired a 1995 trek safari. it has a 6.5l v8 gm diesel in it.  it was sitting for 10 years so i brought it straight in to a mechanic to have it tuned up.  the said it’s missing the the intake pipe or tube that goes from the turbo to the air cleaner.  we have searched all over the internet for this part with no luck.  can anyone help me in locating one?

Offline trekker01

• Administrator
Re: air intake pipe
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 10:20:19 AM »
Matt,
I deleted your duplicate posting.  Have you looked at the chassis manual available on Trek Tracks?  You may find some help here in the Diesel RV forum, however there is limited discussion on the 6.5TD here.  The Air intake tube came with the engine and chassis from General Motors.  You may find a Chevy Truck dealer in your area who has access to the original chassis and engine drawings for the motorhome chassis, but if you would ask in the Trek forum you could probably get the owner of a similar era 6.5TD to take a photo of the air intake tube, from the back side of the air filter box to the turbo intake point.  I do not recall if it is two flexible 4" (or so) rubber connections with a straight (or bent) metal pipe in between, or if it is rubber all the way.  You need to define exactly what you need, and that may require a photo.  There is a good likelihood you will have to get it from an RV salvage yard, such as Colaw, in Carthage, MO. 

As I am involved in both of these forums, your success chances are much greater at the Trek forum than here in this issue.
Gary
1998 Safari Sahara 3126B Cat 300HP
CAT #7AS01206, Allison #6510139688
FMCA, Escapee, Good Sams
Central Florida