Page 3 - Travelore Spring 2015
P. 3

2004 2015
DRVC Travelore - Page 3
President’s Paragraphs
by Ken Carpenter, President of DRVC
Looking back, 2014 was an event- ful year for the Diesel RV Club. We celebrated the Chapter’s 10th anni- versary, held three successful rallies and expanded the number of Part- ners in our Valued Partner Program. Most notable are Cummins Power Club, Mobileye Collision Avoidance Systems, and SkyMed International.
You’ll find a complete listing in the back pages of this issue of Travelore.
The Chapter’s technical Forum (http://forum.dieselrvclub. org/) continues to grow having reached over 2,650 partici- pants and over 17,650 posts. Your Board approved the cre- ation of the ForumPlus membership program targeted to allow technical forum participants to enjoy Valued Partner benefits as well as attend one Chapter-sponsored event. This is consistent with FMCA rules that allow non-FMCA member guests to attend a function without being an offi- cial member. ForumPlus members also receive electronic issues of our newsletter, Travelore, and other Chapter news. We will begin promoting this program in 2015.
Of our many Valued Partners and the wonderful offers extended to our members, it is worthwhile to highlight
a couple. The first is Cummins Power Club, even though their limited time offer providing a $10 savings for new members expired December 31, 2014. Cummins Power Club memberships are a great value as one not only enjoys a 10% discount on parts and service but gain access to a lot of important Cummins product information. We look forward to expanding the relationship between DRVC and Cummins.
The second Valued Partner to highlight is SkyMed Interna- tional. As FMCA members we know that our basic mem- bership includes FMCAssist (which has been restored) and that coverage may meet basic medical evacuation needs. However, the SkyMed program offers expanded features and benefits and warrants consideration by DRVC mem- bers. We are proud to have SkyMed as a Valued Partner; especially since many of our members belong to their program. If you are interested in learning more about the program, please visit our website http://dieselrvclub.org/ SkyMed.
As I write this Lida and I have departed for Desert Hot Springs, California to attend our “Rally at the Spa.”
Our departure plans were interrupted by a short in our inverter leaving us without power in the middle of the night. I drove the motorhome to a great, local service center to diagnose and fix the problem. During the lunch hour, while no one was working on it, I was told it was okay for me to go to the coach and fix my lunch. When I opened the refrigerator door to get fixings a plastic tube
of pickled beefs fell out and dumped all over the floor. We had packed hastily so I could get to the service center in time – do you have any idea how quickly beet juice runs across the kitchen floor? On top of this, the paper towels were properly stowed for travel giving the beet juice plenty of time to spread. I’m sure you have your stories, too, and this gave us a good laugh after the mess was cleaned up.
Back to the Rally at the Spa. It was held at Catalina Spa & RV Resort on March 8 – 13, 2015. As per usual, all Chap- ter members were allowed to attend technical sessions presented at our rallies without having to register for the rally. This brought in a few “locals” to the event. There were two technical sessions, the first held from 9:30 A.M. to noon on Monday, March 9 and the second from 9:00 A.M to 11:00 A.M. on Tuesday, March 10. While these sessions were free to all members, we did ask that they let us know of their plan to attend so we could ensure there would be a seat available. We’ll continue this policy for future rallies as well..
We hope you will be able to join us in Pomona and striking gold at the FMCA Motorhome Showcase and Reunion.
One more thing ... at the time of writing, Travelore was being printed for mailing and, therefore, no information from the DRVC board meeting made available. Please watch the website and your email for updates from DRVC.
Travel safe,

1   2   3   4   5