Page 5 - Fall 2016 DRVC Travelore
P. 5

DRVC Travelore - Page 5
continued from previous page
The Summary
FMCAssist will cover the return of a motorhome and towed vehicle, if appropriate, under the terms of the agreement with Seven Corners with the following stipula- tion for units over ten years of age since completion of build (not the chassis build date but the body build date). The statements provided below are guidelines one should keep in mind when contacting FMCAssist representatives.
• Seven Corners will pay for transportation of a driver
to the location of a vehicle over 10 years of age within North America, and will also reimburse the member for fuel and tolls during the return, provided the return has been approved by Seven Corners and the vehicle
is returned directly and expediently to the member’s permanent primary residence within the United States, Mexico, or Canada.
• The coach owner must make the arrangements for a driver themselves. In addition, the plan will provide a $100-per-day benefit, up to a maximum of five days,
for incidental expenses while driving. In no event shall the total expenses of a vehicle return exceed $5,000 for all expenses associated with the return. As a reminder, FMCA does have a list of “pinch hit drivers” listed in the January 2016 directory or online at FMCA.com.
• The ten-year rule is used as a standard measure and not a hard-line rule. The guideline is in place to reasonably assure contracted drivers that the unit is in drivable condition (service maintained and up-to-date as well as the vehicle being clear of mechanical issues or damage due to an accident).
• Since family members (owner) will assume the responsi- bility of recommending a driver, drivers should have the confidence and trust of the member’s family and have
a good driving record. Of course, drivers and owners should have adequate insurance in full force should any mishap occur while being transported.
There you have it. We are covered. Actually, I would prefer someone that I am familiar with drive my coach rather than someone I’ve never met. I’m sure many of you feel the same. For owners of vintage coaches it becomes
even more important that someone familiar with the operation of the motorhome be involved. Jumping into a motorhome and riding into the sunset is not to be taken as a vacation. Drivers are performing a helpful service at a time of need and should consider the responsibility a thoughtful gesture in support of a fellow RVer.
For more information and a schedule of benefits, go to the following URL: www.fmca.com/benefits/fmcassist.html.

3   4   5   6   7