Page 3 - Fall 2017 Travelore
P. 3

DRVC Travelore - Page 3
The Officer’s Corner
by Rod Kenly, Senior Vice President
I hope you all had a great summer!
As I sit here, the solar eclipse has just occurred, and Labor Day is not very far away – by the time you read this, it will be over.
Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer – even if it doesn’t end on the calendar for another three weeks. Labor Day is dedicated to the social and economic achieve- ments of American workers. So congratulations!
I trust all of you we saw at our summer rally at Pla-Mor Campground in Indiana had a great time. I want to thank our VP Rally Coordinator, Janet Staer (and Jim), and those that assisted for putting on a great rally in Bremen, Indiana. From my vantage point, we all had an enjoyable time. The weather, which was pretty good, certainly coop- erated. I have to say I enjoyed the cloggers that provided our entertainment one evening. In fact, got tired just sitting there watching them. What a great way to burn calories (watching it – not participating).
I also hope those of you in attendance at the FMCA Inter- national Rally in Indianapolis had an enjoyable experience. We had a few rainy days. I was on the parking team and we had one day where we were absolutely drenched – when we received five inches of rain in one day. I have never been that wet without being in a pool. At least, not that I can recall.
One of the requests from members at the summer rally was the possibility of adding some additional product discussions in the future. I have taken that to heart and I will put together a presentation for next summer... stay tuned. And, if you have suggestions for discussion areas, make suggestions. A place to start would be listing what you’d like to know more about. I’m sure that we have some others in the club who may have extensive knowledge of the product or subject. At a minimum, there are probably others that can part with what we know and, in a group discussion, help in wading our way through.
At Bremen no Nominating Committee was elected. This is a vital committee that proposes officers who serve two- year terms. One-half are proposed every year. We are in need of volunteers to serve on this committee. Please consider giving of yourself to this committee.
Please consider volunteering for the nominating commit- tee as well as an office. This Club is run by volunteers and we need your help in keeping the Club functioning. We also need Rally Masters – please contact Janet Staehr for more information.
Our winter Rally is the “Flamingos and Beaches Rally” which will be held March 4-9, 2018 at the Flamingo Lake RV Resort in Jacksonville, Florida. Please see the adver- tisement elsewhere in Travelore, and well as our web site.
The next FMCA International Rally will be held March 15-19 in Perry, Georgia.
As of this writing, the summer rally will be held in Love- land, Colorado. Again, it will be in advance of the FMCA International Rally scheduled for July 18-21 in Gillette, Wyoming. I’m looking forward to being in Loveland, Colorado for our summer rally. It ought to be beautiful summer weather in Colorado with the advantage of being on the front range of the Rockies and within an easy drive of Rocky Mountain National Park.
By the way, Rocky Mountain National Park’s 415 square miles provides visitors with a spectacular mountain envi- ronment. In fact, you can enjoy Trail Ridge Road – which crests at over 12,000 feet, with pull outs to experience the subalpine and alpine worlds – along with over 300 miles of hiking trails, wildflowers, wildlife, starry nights, and fun times. Estes Park, the eastern gateway to RMNP, is about a 30-mile drive up a canyon highway, US 34.
See you down the road—
Rod
GReaT beneFITs
Join the FMCA Family GReaT PeoPle

1   2   3   4   5